The Humanity of Jesus Christ.
The humanity of Jesus Christ can be seen in His human parentage (Matthew 2:11)
(1) He was developed as a normal human being (Luke 2:52)
(2) He was subject to all the sinless infirmities of human nature:
a) He was hungry (Matt 4:2)
b) He as thirsty (John 19:28)
c) He was weary (John 19:28)
d) He wept (John 11:35)
e) He was tempted (Heb 4:15)
The Deity of Jesus Christ
The deity of Jesus Christ, or His God nature, is well established in the New testament. Some of the facts are:
(1) He is called God by the Apostle John (John 1:1)
(2) He is called God by the Apostle Thomas (John 20:28)
(3) He is called God by the Father (Hebrews 1:8)
(4) He claimed to be God in that He was one with the Father before creation. (John 17:5)
(5) He claimed to be God in that He was before Abraham (John 8:56-59)
(6) He received worship, and only God is to be worshiped (Matt 14:33) Angels refuse worship (Rev 22:8,9) and man
refused worship (Acts 10:25, 26)
(7) He forgives sin (Mark 2:5-11) Only God can forgive sin.
(8) He is creator and maker of all things (Col 1:16)
(9) He is sustainer of all things (Heb 1:3) Only God can control the universe.
(10) He claimed to have “all authority…in heaven and earth” (Matt 28:18) God has all authority.
“And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.”